Friday, 10 February 2006

Iceland = Easy Living

Good afternoon, my name is Thrallur and I´d like to open a bank account here, please.

That would work in Iceland, you would just tell them your identification-number and then legitimation. In 15 minutes you would have a bank account and a few days later you could come back and fetch your debetcard.

Here in the UK you have to fill out a long application, then they look over it and say, -Can you show a proof of address? -What do you mean? I asked. -Can you proof you live on Mill Road? -No, I can´t!

I can´t open a bank account because I have no bills to pay, which would have my address on them and they don´t have a register of persons like in Iceland.

Another thing is that I can´t get payed unless having a place to put the money, and without money I wouldn´t be able to pay bills anyway, haha! This will fix in some way, I am sure, I can´t be the only person in the UK that doesn´t pay bills.

4 comments:

Chig said...

Hallo Þrallur! I found your blog via your Myspace page,as I was looking for some onformation on Silvia Nott! I see you have mentioned her earlier this week. I wondered what you think about the song? I've read the words in English and it's very funny, but only if you understand it. Do you think it would embarrass Iceland if she goes to Athens and everyone thinks that she believes she will win? Or do you think people will get the joke? (Musically, I think the song is pretty good too.) I will be in Athens for Eurovision and I'd love to see her there, but maybe she should keep the song in Icelandic so that people just like it for the music and no one else understands what she's saying?! I'm interested to know what you and other Icelanders think...

Anonymous said...

Hæ Þórhallur já þessir útlendingar geta nú verið mjög skrítnir en vonandi gengur fer þetta allt vel á endanum...Steini biður að heilsa

Anonymous said...

þvílík saga..

Anonymous said...

Hey pretty boy!! Hey þú ógeðslega töff, ér a tala við þig!! Já ísland er lítið skrítið land, en jafnframt best!! Bankakerfið hér er einnig frábærast!!