Sunday, 12 February 2006

Frogs On Ice

The TV is showing speed-skating at the moment, it´s so comical, they look like frogs in all colors skating round and round.

I just wrote that to explain today´s title, hehe!

What I wanted to blog about is my new work. Yesterday evening(saturday) I had my first weekend shift at "B", worked from 6pm to 2am, the bar closes at midnight and then two hours of cleaning. I didn´t do drinks and I didn´t serve food, no I was what the icelanders call a test-tube baby (glasabarn), I collected the glasses as quickly as I could, washed them and gave them back to the bar that would run out of them if I would take a pause. Sweaty and crowded just like on Kaffitár in the weekends except there I would be collecting latte cups not gin & tonic glasses. After 8 hours of crazyness we sat down at the bar and had a beer, lovely, I just couldn´t stand up and cycle home...

YES, Gregor bought a bike yesterday and I am buying his old one and cycled to work yesterday, nota bene on the wrong side of the road! I am still looking for a name for the bike, my next blog will have the name of the bike as the title!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Viltu kalla hana Þyrnirós?
Þá verður hún litla systir Mjallhvítar (bílsins míns..)