Wednesday, 9 January 2008

January 9th


Today I woke up at 9.30 to have breakfast in my hotel. If I only had known then what this day would become,...

10.30 I headed out for the town in the search for an Irish Life, I started by going into Carphone Warehouse to buy a phone, I got a phone for 49 Euro and included was 40 Euro call credit so the phone itself only cost 9 Euro. Really nice of them.

After that I went looking for internet, but after a few coffees in a few cafés I stopped looking and read a book until I went to meet my friend Conor who was gonna help me find a place to stay. We logged into his computer at his school and replied to a few adverts. We got an answer and a view at 6.30 that same night.

At 5 pm I had an interview at Bewley's café that won the Ireland Barista Championship last year. The manager sat down with me for a while talking about what I would have to do and asking what I have done before. Then he excuses himself for two minutes and when he returns he asks me to follow. I do that and he takes me to an espresso machine and says make me a cappuccino. I start to shake and smile at the same time, I actually shook a lot but managed to make a great cappuccino with a nice rosetta on top. He tasted it and told me it was really good so I have a shift tomorrow at 8.30. Hooray for Þrallur!

Conor went with me to view the room, mainly to help me find the place. We arrived early and met the guy who was showing the rooms. Luckily we came early because ten minutes later a lot of people came to view and there were only a few rooms available, I found a nice one and said that I'LL TAKE IT! So I payed a weeks rent and here I am sitting on my bed setting the alarm clock in my new phone for my first day of work.

I don't know which of my lucky charms helped me, maybe my little pony, maybe my carved puffin my dad made or maybe the tiger eye stone my mum gave me, maybe all three.

I am so lucky,... I am an Irish Leprechaun!

6 comments:

gregor said...

that's the best news, thrallur. you are the king of the leprechauns tonight! congratulations and well done!!! and good luck for the shift tomorrow. make love to the espresso machine....!!!

Ìsnornin said...

OH rassgatarúsínan þín, þú ert frábær!!! Til hamingju!!!!
'Eg fór till fórnarbrunnsins í gær og bað fyrir þér....
Gangi þér vel!!;) LOVE

harp said...

YAYYY til lukku Þralli minn og gangi þér vel í dag í vinnunni nýju, þú átt eftir að standa þig...

Anonymous said...

og gera adrir BETUR,,,ekkert mál fyrir pony pál thú ert bara svona klár....vid hugsum til thín saeti vonandi hefurdu gódan dag í dag love you syrran og Tinna koss og knús

Anonymous said...

Jesss!

Kolbrun Yr said...

Mikið ótrúlega varstu heppinn!!!

Ég hlakka svo til að koma í heimsókn...það verður æði...Reykjavík er ekki söm án þín:P

:*