-What's your name?
-Thor.
-What?
-Thor, T H O R, like Thursday with an O
-Ah, what a clever way to explain it.
That is the only way to explain it!
So, now Thor has been in Dublin for one week. The people I talk to say that I am very lucky to have found job and a room in just three days. Some people have stayed in hostels for a month. Either it that everyone loves Icelanders or just pure luck.
So you wanna know what my life in Ireland is like?
My flat. I live in a shared flat. We are six or seven guys living together in a house with five bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, washing machine, two toilets and a shower. My room has two beds that take up most space in the room so I am gonna use one of them as a place to keep my clothes,... and of course guests when they come to visit. My window has no curtain yet, which is a pain because I like to sleep in the dark. In Dublin it is very common that people rent shared bedrooms because it is quite expensive to live here. I am so happy I found a room for just me, imagine if your room mate who isn't even your friend or partner snores or smells or just anything unpleasant. Ush fy blä!
My job. Bewley's is a friendly café on the main shopping street of Dublin. It has many different areas such as the café itself which you arrive in as you enter, then there is Café Bar Deli which is a restaurant, then you have the theater on the second floor, there you can find stand up comedians, plays, music gigs and more.
I like working in Bewley's, but there are a few things I would do differently if I was the boss there. I like the baristas and the waiters, we are quite a bunch of peoplebut only one seems to be form Ireland. We come from Iceland, Sweden, Poland, Lithuania, Croatia, Italy, France, China, USA and more. The staff don't seem to have much respect for the managers as the managers are way to strict and comment too harshly on the weirdest things, such as you forgetting your name tag who noone can read anyway because it is so heavy that only very short persons could see the text on it. I also have to pay a deposit for my shirts and my apron and If i loose my apron i have to buy a new one. I think it would be easier if Bewley's cleaned the aprons every day like Kaffitár does and then there is noone that takes them home and forgets them!
My life. I have met some very nice people here and gone to nice places. My favorite bar so far is on Mondays in the Globe. The event is called Strictly Handbag and the play just my kind of music.
I have realized that I need to find more people to know because students don't have so much time over.
Tuesday, 15 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Did You go to The Dragon, George or Front Lounge, yet? Recommended
Gott að vita að allt gengur vel! (SSS...stora syster syndrom)
LOVE jú!
ohh...ég hlakka svo til að koma í heimsókn!
Hvað er heimilisfangið þitt?
knús!
love you,,,,kossar og knús syrran
ég skal senda þér myndir af þeim en ég er ekki með þær í tölvunni hjá mér þannig að það er kannski smá tími í að þú fáir þær
annars bara lovjú og hlakka til að koma í heimsókn....
Úlala!
Ég læt mig dreyma um heimsókn til þín og velti fyrir mér hvort það sé ekki bara soldið raunsær draumur...
Veist þú hvað 'Araletur er? Og hverjur notuðu það?
Damn, I love your way of thinking, writing and living :) Cool to find out you're in Ireland right now! Hope you enjoy it there for all the time you stay
Pieter
Post a Comment