
I finally pushed myself out of bed at 12.34 this morning happy about being off work and took the Heidi-jump-walk down to freezing 101 Reykjavík (not the hotel).
When the town was reached I had to decide where to go,... I wanted either a good coffee, ginger ale or a nice fruit smoothie. Hljómalind used to be my favourite café but now they have incense (reykelsi) which I am allergic to and cannot stay in there without being dizzy and have a sore throat. My next choice was Kaffitár Bankastræti,... guess what christmas is getting closer and they have lit the vanilla scented coffee candle so no more Bankó for me this year. The stupid Þrallur went to Kaffitár in the National Gallery after that hoping that they had no vanilla candle there and of course it was closed, most galleries are closed on Mondays here. Kaffitár in the National Museum flew away from my mind as well since that is also closed on Mondays.
So now I was so hungry that I just stormed into the next bakery, had a ostaslaufa and then ran through Bankó grabbed a regular coffee to go, with two icecubes, ran out again and straight to Babalú sipped some coffee, threw the cup away and went in.
Now I am sitting in Babalú with a glas of orange juice... they were out of both their awesome smooties and the ginger ale...
I guess this is just not my day! haha! I think the icelandic Amelie needs to move again...
1 comment:
haha ég var að skrifa svipaða færslu, tuesdays are the new mondays...
Post a Comment