At noon on the Saturday after NUTU the icelanders went by taxi to Helsinki to wait for our planes to take us away from Finland. I was on my way to Sweden early on the Sunday and the rest were heading home to Iceland so we decided to skip sleep and party instead of having to pay for hotel. We rented a room near down town and kept all of our luggage there. The idea we had was very cool but we were a bit to tired to be jolly and party all night... so we sat a lot and danced a few times mostly to not fall asleep.
We came back to the hotel at 4.30 am, got taxis to the airport where we all fell asleep on benches while waiting for the planes to depart. Not fun at all! Einý one of the icelanders had lost her suitcase on the way to Finland so she took one of my heavy ones, what a life saver! I slept the whole flight, arrived to Stockholm a bit funny looking and gulped two Coca Cola to keep myself going because the fun was about to start again. My swedish NUTU-friend Amanda was going to give me a little guided tour around the city. We went to one of her favourite cafés had a vegan smoothie and a muffin down by the water and saw all kinds of alternative shops and cafés. Stockholm isn’t as “luemmoe”(lummó) as I thought, it is actually pretty cool... not a place for me to live though.
In the afternoon I took a train to Norrköping to meet mum and my little brother Magnús, mum had moved to Magnús’ small but cosy flat one week earlier. In his flat we all stayed that night, very nice... for one night at least, the apartment is tiny! My younger older witch sister Birna came on the Monday with her two daughters Anna Bára and Freyja all the way from Sollerön. That night mum and the three girls slept in mum’s nice new apartment. It was so nice to see them all again they are all so cool and lovely and horrible in their own ways. Sometimes I think I have the most strange family in the whole wide world, but nowadays people are allowed to be strange so we are becoming more and more medium!! Haha!!
Monday night I went to see David a a nice lagom-strange boy from Åby a little suburbtown of Norrköping and we had a few ciders and a few beers down town, it was very nice and we had a lot to talk about, maybe too much because I was comlpetely pissed when I finally found my way to Magnús’ place and fell asleep instantly.
Tuesday mum went early to work as usual. At lunch me, Magnús, Birna and her girls went with the bus to Söderköping where mum´s former house lays. We went to her house and packed everything we saw and recognised as her belongings. The only one of us that had ever seen the house before was Magnús. When we had packed for four and a half hour mum and a friend of the family Guðjón came with a small moving truck which we filled twce and got mum out of her old horrible nonlife and into her new and hopefully enjoyable life. Thats nothing that concerns my blog so lets move on...
Wednesday David picked me up in his parents convertable car and we went to Åby to swim in a lake... very swedish! Birna told me before that this summer so many people had drowned in lakes all over Sweden, that didn’t scare me, then David told me that this particular lake had had unusually many snakes this summer and that people had seen quite a lot of them swimming around the bathing people. That didn’t scare me either so I ended up as a real swede swimming around in a freezing lake! Beat that icelanders!... David if you ever come to Iceland I will show you where “Davíð bought his beer” (haha I didn’t realise that your name is in the saying until I had started to write it!) and take you to the hot springs! Noone in Iceland would ever swim in a cold lake! But it was very fun and refreshing, the weather in Sweden and Finland has been horrible, sun and too hot day after day. As Gríma says GLATAÐ!
After that day I have just been relaxing with the family until now where I sit in a train on my way to Stockolm. Tonight I am going to the night club boat Patricia and tomorrow...
1 comment:
lagom strange! haha. looking forward to the hot springs...
/david
Post a Comment