Friday, 2 April 2010

Easter

Today is the Good Friday. I am learning how to make cold brew coffee and really liking this idea. You just put coffee and cold water together in a glass container and let it brew slowly for some time, from hours to days. This gives the coffee a special taste and is fun to experiment with.

The weather has been very strange today. At the moment we have sunshine. It has snowed many times today with long breaks of extreme sun. Very interesting indeed. Some planets have no weather at all.

I was talking to a Swedish friend of mine yesterday. I love seeing how different nationalities have different characters. Swedes often think that the world has the same traditions as them. Sweden is quite sustainable in the way that they produce a lot of things such as food, television, books and whatnot. He was asking me typical Easter questions and expected me to be doing the same things as people in Sweden around the festival. I keep having this when speaking to my friends and family over there.

Swedish customers at Kaffitár often expect us to be able to understand swedish when they order. Or maybe I should say that they hope we do cause their english is often quite bad. Probably due to their amazing television programs that are all in swedish. They have such good television culture over there. Probably the thing I miss the most about living in Sweden.

1 comment:

Ìsnornin said...

Mig dreymdi að ég væri í útlöndum... að panta mat á sænsku;)