Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Volcanoes, Moustaches And Tattoos


I am sure it hasn't gone past many that there is a volcanic eruption in Eyjafjallajökull in Iceland. It started on Friday the 20th of March, there had been earthquakes around that area for a while so it was a bit expected. At first I thought, meh, it's not that exciting cause I thought it would just be small and nothing much to see. Now I dream of it every night and can't wait for the chance to go up there to see it with my own eyes. I just wanna buy a car and go, go, go! Everyone I know that has a car has already been, of course they all went on my work weekend so I wasn't available. It's a bit of a hike, it took my friends 11 hours to walk up and down again. I am sure I'll get there eventually, I AM CALM!

Another amazing thing about March this year is how giving it has been. First of all my school decided to have a Give Blood March, of course I couldn't give blood but I tried to get everyone I know to give as much as they were allowed to. Second was the Moustache March which I could participate in. My class (the male half) all grew nice tashes and collected 30.000 ISK for the cancer fund of Iceland. My mother gave me a t-shirt collecting money for the children of Haiti. Last but not least Kaffitár (my workplace) is in the application process to become a "swan" café. The Swan is a nordic ecolabel trying to make the world as sustainable as possible. I am proud to be working for a company ready to go through the effort of becoming an ecolabeled company.

Yesterday I went to the Blue Lagoon with my student organization Fjallið. It was nice as usual and my skin feels both nice and horrible today. The water in the blue lagoon has good effect on many skin problems such as psoriasis. The Blue Lagoon is pretty much man made cause it is waste water from the geothermal plant next to it. The water has high acidity and would be quite dangerous if you'd go there every day. But every once in a while it makes wonders for your skin.


My mum has joined her children in the skin art club and now has four butterflies (children) sitting on a branch of cherry blossoms (her) tattooed on her right shoulder. My brother-in-law Peter is the tattoo artist and did a hell of a good job. I can't wait to get started on my sleeve and all the other things I wanna get. In between my volcano dreams I dream of tattoos. But I am calm, CALM LIKE A CHILD ON CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Kolbrún Ýr said...

Mamma þín er svo töff!!

Okkar tími í tattooum mun koma!!