Just home from London, was great fun!
On Friday night I met up with Scott and Paul and we checked in at Dublin Airport. We noticed that we got the seat number 13. I thought they never had that row on planes. They used not to have buses number 13 either and in many places they skip the house number 13 in streets. We got there safely, actually it was the flight back that was the scary one.
Friday night we went to our hostel on Earls Court, booked a four persons dorm and hoped we wouldn't have a room mate. But we found out that a creepy guy had been living there for some weeks. We stayed in the room with the creepy guy just long enough to powder our noses and then headed out to Soho and danced until the morning with Haffi(Kaffi) and Arna(a friend of ours that was visiting Haffi over the weekend from Iceland)
The Saturday arrived and those over 26 had of course fierce hangovers so we had a slow start. I went later to try on my dream shoes, they didn't have the model I wanted but I tried on a similar one and I will buy my one later online I think.
In the evening we had pizza in Pizza Hut and decided to see a movie. We accidentally got tickets on another movie, saw the mistake when already inside and decided to see it anyway. I don't regret it and really recommend the movie "The Other Boleyn Girl" a movie about Queen Elisabeth I's mother Anne Boleyn and aunt Mary Boleyn.
That night we went to a local bar/night club/mini-Sólon. It's all about who you go with I guess since I enjoyed it.
"Today" (actually yesterday since I got distracted on Wikipedia and IMDb) we went to Tate Modern which is a cool art museum and then to the Natural History Museum where I saw some real dinosaur skeletons and lots of other cool things.
All in all it was a really nice trip where i only forgot/lost one thing that I got again in the restaurant I forgot it in fifteen minutes later(I can't tell you that it was my wallet because my mum might read this). I must have a nice guardian ghost since my forgotten things are always safe until I find them again(my passport, my ticket, my man's bag, my computer(not entirely my fault) and now my wallet)
Home now and sleepy, gonna meet Sonja Grant for a coffee, she was judging the Irish Barista Championship this weekend and I think they chose the right one, Stephen Morrisey a good guy and a great barista I've heard. Congrats!
Monday, 10 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ohh en gaman hjá þér að vera í útlöndum.... eitt fyndið ég tíndi debetkortinu mínu á föstudaginn en fattaði það ekki fyrr en í gær (sunnud) og hringdi í smárabíó þar sem ég notaði það síðast og viti menn það var þar... jeij
afhverju kom ekki saga af fluginu heim???
and your shoes.....manstu?? Love
i see i'll never be allowed to forget the computer incident. well, i'm glad that you had a good time. was it a dress rehearsal for next month?
Why forgoet it, it is a funny story now, mainly because of the store owner saying it was such a safe place to forget it on.
Post a Comment