Tuesday, 13 February 2007

The End


Sitting in Prikið after work with a dælukók thinking about life and the universe...

I realize I never told you the rest of my travel story. I have some extra minutes so I will procede,... here we go!

After a few lovely days with my sisters I took the train south to my dear mum and brother in Norrköping. I was so tired and afraid I would miss the station where I had to swap trains, however I made it and met mum and Maggi at the station and we took the bus to mum's flat in Hageby. the days I had in Norrköping were very relaxed and nice, just like my christmas in Iceland. When mum was working I spent time with Maggi and when he was at school I was with mum. I also had a cuppa with our friends Guðjón and Kickan which was very nice. I found out more and more that me and Norrköping will never be friends, I have bad feelings towards the town and don't think I can get over them.

I stayed with mum and Maggi for a few days and took a train towards Copenhagen and Kristín,... the train left Norrköping but 20 minutes later the trainman told us that the train would stop in Linköping and everyone had to stay there because south Sweden had a storm and the traffic was to be stopped. I got a nice hotel room and would have enjoyed it if the town of Linköping wasn't so dull.

The next day I went to the train station and the staff told me the train traffic would be down that day too. I decided to check on the busses and the lady there told me there was a bus to Malmö and I bought the ticket and waited. the bus was so full they had to call another and the journey started. On the way I started to count broken trees but stopped after a while because they were everywhere, huge trunks cut in half.

When we finally got to Malmö the bus was four busses. I found the train station and took the train to Copenhagen. Kristín met me and asked whether I wanted to take my huge luggage to her flat that was an hour away or just bring it to the bar,... I was hungry and thirsty so we went straight to the bar. The first bar had the coolest and cleanest urinals I have ever seen and all kinds of funny designs all over the bar. Me and Kristín had a few beers and went on to the next level which was a karaoke bar andfinally after a few more beers we took my luggage and ourselves to the only bar still open which was a gay bar. Late late and very drunk we took a taxi home and slept to late late. I stayed for three nights in Copenhagen and had more beers and more bars and loads of fun. Kristín and me took old fashioned photo booth pictures which I will post some day they are very cool.

London was my next destination and I went early in the morning to the airport and to the cue to check in. The cue was very slow and Ii couldn't understand why until I read on the screen that my flight was no more and they were rebooking people for a later flight because there was a storm in England, wasn't a surprice at all and I had to stay at the airport for several hours waiting for the plane to get a green light for flying. The plane finally was supposed to go and we boarded, but then they had to wait more and we were stuck in the plane for another two hours before take off. This would have been better if they hadn't decided not to load any food on the plane in Heathrow that morning because they didn't thin they would fly more so we had no food at all but plenty of drinks.

We finally got to London and I stayed there for three nights and had a nice time alone because my friend there went abroad the same weekend. The best part of London was the Unskinny Bop event in Bethnal Green where they play nice music and all kinds of people come and dance and have fun.

The day after Unskinny Bop I went for two nights to Paris. I went out in the eveninghs with my friend Philippe and had the best steaks I have ever tasted. I also checked out Notre Dame but otherwise I just had a relaxing time, but caught a cold which affected the rest of the journey. I didn't find the gate at the train station back to London so I missed the train and had to wait for the next which was shit bacause I felt really bad. This was the fourth delay in my journey and now I really hate train stations and airports haha!!

My last destination was Edinburgh and Gregor. Edinburgh was really nice but as I wrot just a moment ago I had a cold and wasn't as able to have party and enjoy the city as I would have liked. I saw some kilts I really would like to buy and partied with Gregor's school buddies who are really nice. You can see the party and Gregors fabulous dance talents in a previous blog with a video.

Thats all for now folks, over and out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hæ sæti
djamma um helgina JÁ?!?!?!
en b.t.w. hvernig gékk að ná málningunni af?

Þrallur said...

Frekar vel bara.