Friday, 18 August 2006

Gay Pride 2006 (second part)

Gleðilega hátíð!

That was the right greeting on this special saturday the 12th of August in Reykjavík. I woke up at lunch, had a shower took my nicest clothes and put them in a bag and ran out of the hommúna. I stopped for a few seconds at Hlemmur where all the Pride floats were piled up and ready to roll down Laugarvegur at 2pm. After that quick look I ran to Kringlan bought some pins so I could make my trousers fit in the wedding of the Huus. Yes the Huu couple got married on Gay Pride day... that was a mistakk though because they thought it would be the weekend after. Anyway Me, Marta, Kristín, Sigrún Jóna and Sibbi went driving to Skálholt where the wedding would take place. The Huus were so beatiful, mr Huu had a hat and staff and mrs. Huu had a 60's hairstyle. The wedding was both boring and sweet(just like it is supposed to be). The party after on the other side was so great. loads of food and wine and speeches and wine... The Coffee-people made a speech and had much fun in the wedding, and the rest of the guests loved us!!...

No comments: