Friday, 26 May 2006

Eurovision-Weekend In Reykjavík

I want to say sorry to those I didn't have the chance to say hi to during my weekend in Reykjavík. The original idea to come this weekend to Iceland was that Gregor wanted to see how crazy icelanders are about the copetition. I will just have to hire a car this summer and drive around and say hi.

We watched the semi final here at home in Cambs and poor Silvía noone understands her like I do!! She came in 13th place though. After the competition we ran to the train station to catch the train to Gatwick airport south of London. We arrived there about 2am in the morning and had to sleep on a bench until we could check in at 7am.

We landed in Keflavík 10am and went straight to Árni's new apartment where we stayed the whole weekend. On the friday we took it easy went to the swinning pool, ate and went to bed early. On the saturday I went to work in Kaffitár because of the World Barista Championship, wow it was heavenly to work there again, `B´ is a job, Kaffitár is a lifestyle! Meanwhile Gregor went to a gay Eurovision brunch and then the swimming pool and bookstores I think. After work we went to a Eurovision Party where we watched the competition. I am glad Finland wow and I am also glad I don´t live in Iceland at the moment because it will be played all summer there. Around Midnight we went to Nasa where Páll Óskar was the DJ and played Eurovision songs all night... We also got to see live Gleðibankinn, Lífið er Lag, Minn Hinsti Dans, Nína, All out of Luck and If I had your Love. Fabulous!! Probably 1/3 of Nasa that night were Poofs and Dykes that is amazing!

Now we areback and no newspapers have told anything about Finland winning and noone at work saw the competition, what is wrong with people??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

England just has a lot to learn yet, I think :) And maybe no one in England bothers to watch because it doesn't matter where they end up in the competition: They will always come back the year later at the Eurovision Finals. They never even have to compete in the semi-finals to get to the finals.

Oh, well... maybe, just maybe Iceland will get to the finals next year :)

Anonymous said...

Jíbbí Svíarnir lentu í 5:a saeti.......

Anonymous said...

Fórum á Medeltidamarknad um helgina í Leksand, thú hefdir átt ad vera med.....Rosalega flott og ad sjálfsögdu mjög gaman. Love syrran

Anonymous said...

það var svo gaman að fá ykkur um helgina....grettisgatan stendur ykkur alltaf opin, þó þið þyrftuð að gista uppí, þá er alltaf stuð;)takk fyrir að koma...