It´s hard to decide what to bring when you are moving between countries. I am only going to bring what I think is necessary, but what is necessary??
I am finally going to throw away clothes that I adore which have holes in them, and give away clothes I love that I never use, sell my desk, homephone, video and DVD, give Baldur Galdur, my loyal husband, to someone that will love him more than I did, give my damaged cups from Kaffitár to Kolbrún, does anyone need a fridge? or a pirate hat? or towels? or kitchen things?...
Also I have to fix all the things I have left to do here, like pay my computer and owings, cansel my phone and internet, move my address to Hólmavík, say good bye to people,...
I am so excited about moving, seems so big, it will surely become a culture chock, noone will speak icelandic, I have to make new friends, find a job, get a new extremly long phone number,...
But as the gay national anthem goes: I will survive!!
Wednesday, 28 September 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sweetheart, elskhugi, ... what you don't bring we'll buy, what we can't buy we'll steal, what we can't steal we'll make. ... don't worry about a thing. just bring your favourite teddy for you to cuddle if i'm not home. even then - i have a white pony (which sings christmas songs) and a penguin who will keep you company.
do you have an icelandic version of ebay?
xx
No icelandic!!! i´m am just a phonecall away and I have a very long number too;) Farðu nú að segja mér hvernig þetta verður hjá þér, er að vona að ég verðí í fríi fyrir partíið!
xx
Þú ert nú bara yndislegur... hlakka til að heimsækja þig sem kaffibarþjón í Cambridge!... já, ég kem og sit á barnum hjá þér;)
Post a Comment