Before I start this blog I wanna tell you that I am not thinking about getting married in the nearest future... my new relationship is not the reason I am writing this... Just saw a depate about it in the news yesterday.
How does the holy church and it´s priests make their decisions? And can they really say that what they are doing is in the name of God?
Once upon a time women couldn´t become priests or bishops, still today I don´t think women can become popes. Men and women didn´t sit on the same side in the church. You couldn´t have sex before marriage. You couldn´t have sex on sundays, wednesdays and fridays, not 40 days before easter and christmas, the whole pregnancy and up to 40 days after the birth. Only virgins could wear a white wedding dress.
Those things, were they what God decided? Why did he then tell the people those rules didn´t count any more. Did the church perhaps decide it without asking God?... I never heard that God decided that a woman could become a priest, I think it was mortal men who decided it...
Iceland was the first country to have a female president, Iceland has equal rights for women and men on most subjects, in Iiceland everyone has the right to go to school even though some don´t use their right and some can´t.
Iceland is very modern in so many ways, BUT the lates fashion in human rights is gay marriage. I really love Iceland and think Iceland is the best is most ways, Iceland is so liberal... so why were we not the first to legalise gay marriage?? Why not do it now?? I know we will some day, why not be cool and be one of the first?? One seventh of the population watches Gay Pride in Iceland... at least 40.000 people are gay friendly!
Wednesday, 22 June 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment