The big music festival Iceland Airwaves was held in down-town Reykjavik last weekend. I went there mainly with Héðinn at Kaffitár, but people who also joined me were Kolbrún Multicolor, Dússý the small turquoise girl, the shetland girls Lilian and Mhari friends of Gregor, my cousin in law Kevin and his friend Louden,... Lots of joy! And also lots of fury!!
I saw many bands I liked, some I didn´t like and some I am sad I missed,...
I loved Eberg, Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah, Bob Volume, Worm Is Green, José González, Ratatat, Apparat Organ Quartet, Bang Gang.
I unfortunately missed: Juliette & The Licks, Daníel Ágúst, Benni Hemm Hemm, Hjálmar, Jagúar, Ske, Hermigervill, Annie, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, Au Revoir Simone.
One thing though that makes me not want to be on Airwaves next year is the queing, I missed so many bands because of to many tickets sold,... or lack of space! I won´t buy a ticket until either of these things are fixed, I had to chose one place the last evening and stay there if I wanted to see anything except the queue. I went furious home after the friday, then I tried to go to three places, first to see a band in Hafnarhúsið, then I went to Gaukurinn and when I wanted to go to Nasa I had to queue for two hours,... after that I went home sad, mad and cold!!
Monday, 24 October 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment